KanbanBOX for production planning
The Sequencer: resolve manufacturing complexity and finite capacity
The Sequencer is a Lean Manufacturing tool for planning the best sequences of operations on production machines.
The Sequencer module for operational production planning of KanbanBOX allows you to schedule production at finite capacity by solving the complexity of the daily operational planning activity which is the responsibility the department head or the production manager.
What you can do with the Sequencer
Starting from the plan proposed by the planner, the Sequencer allows the determination of the best operational sequences on various machines, developing effectively organized machine plans, and communicating work plans and changes to the departments.
The Sequencer allows you to:
- assign kanban cards to a department’s resources
- optimize the sequence of a single resource
- provide operators with an interface to visualize cards assigned to resources.
Practical help to align work plans to make your production efficient.
How the Sequencer works
From an organizational point of view, the Sequencer allows you to create a list of the production tasks in an easy and fast manner:
- defining the resources involved (machines of departments dedicated to the released kanban cards)
- defining the grouping of resources (e.g. lathes department or milling department, etc.)
- assigning a defined resource to each kanban connection.
The whiteboard of the KanbanBOX Sequencer
The interface of the KanbanBOX Sequencer module is:
- available on any device such as a tablet, smartphone or pc
- configurable quickly and easily by the user via a Drag and Drop mechanism.
Quickly and easily move the card in the sequence of the single resource or line or transfer it to another!
The Drag and Drop function of the KanbanBOX Sequencer’s whiteboard
See the Sequencer in action
Find out about all of the KanbanBOX functions for production levelling and planning
From the automation of the kanban system to the creation of a digital Supply Chain: Anodica's design and Italian products redesigned from a Lean perspective.
A leading company in the production of bathroom furniture, it switches to electronic kanban by introducing KanbanBOX, with excellent results in the management of variable stocks.
From the introduction of kanban to the transition to e-kanban. The Lean Improvement journey of the largest manufacturer of electronic interconnection systems for the automotive sector.